There are a lot of national news stories being told about the horrific circumstances in nursing homes and assisted living facilities relating to outbreaks of COVID-19. Seniors and their families must be feeling scared and anxious about the dangers of moving into a senior care facility or home. This is understandable! COVID-19 will have an effect on each of us, but we believe our BeeHive Homes provide a safe and comfortable living experience, even during a pandemic crisis. Here is what we are doing to make sure our Residents are safe:
- Each Resident has a private room and a bathroom.
- Our BeeHive Homes accommodate between 12-21 Residents. Our small size allows for a much more controlled environment.
- Our attentive caregivers are screened each day with a temperature check and a questionnaire about their recent contacts and travels.
- Family members and friends are allowed to visit through a window barrier, video chat, or on the phone. When on the property, all visitors and staff wear masks to prevent the spread of infection.
- Residents are served meals in their room. When needing assistance at mealtime, Residents are brought to the dining room while maintaining a safe social distance between other Residents.
- Activities are being done individually to keep Residents engaged and living well.
- Residents are being monitored closely for signs and symptoms of infection. Our staff members are doing daily temperature checks on every Resident.
- If any Resident displays symptoms of COVID-19 they are isolated to their private room. The family, the doctor, and the department of health is contacted. The Resident is then tested for COVID-19.
We have been in this crisis since March 11, 2020. So far, there hasn’t been a single positive case of COVID-19 among our Residents! The proactive measures we have executed paired with the small home-like environment of our BeeHive Homes makes us a safe place and the next best place to Home. If you or a loved one needs assisted living, don’t let this pandemic hold you back. We’d love the opportunity to help you make this decision and give you the options you are looking for!