The Memory Care Home of the BeeHive Homes of Smyrna offers an exciting and unique approach to Alzheimer’s and dementia care. For those residents suffering with dementia issues, this Memory Home will provide state-of-the-art care and surroundings that have literally been compiled from all around the world! The first of its kind in the state of Kentucky and designed in cooperation with the local Alzheimer’s Association, the Smyrna BeeHive Memory Home will offer an “Eden-based” approach to dementia care that focuses on the residents’ natural living patterns and cycles, natural lighting and bringing nature into the home, and structured yet simple activities designed to gently stimulate each resident while providing them with manageable choices and fulfilling daily life functions. Among the many wonderful amenities and services provided to our residents are:
- Daily schedules customized for each resident to provide them with the most comforting, secure, and non-threatening lifestyle possible
- Meals and menus that are specially designed for dementia residents
- A natural and “homey” atmosphere that features such amenities as an interior park-like gazebo, natural lighting, an aviary (“birdcage”), an aquarium, a “petting zoo” (with stuffed animals), an enclosed exterior courtyard with a figure-eight walking path and multiple planter boxes, a fish pond, and tranquility
- Private rooms with full baths and customized furniture (or the residents may bring their own!); the entrance to each resident room is individualized with an awning, coach lamp, and memory box to personalize and help with identification
- A chapel/cinema that functions both as a fun place for family or group movie times as well as a sanctuary for quiet spiritual recluse
- A simple but structured activity program that is customized for the individual residents; this also includes a unique men’s activity program featuring the “Men’s Room” (designed like an English Pub with a putting green, work bench, club chairs, and ESPN on “the tele”) and “Buzzer,” our ’57 Chevy specially designed for tinkering and reminiscing!
- A salon with a walk-in whirlpool bath and hair-styling facilities
- A beautiful and cozy communal dining room, plus a smaller intimate family dining room for private events
- AND many more subtle and customized amenities, all designed to help the dementia impaired resident live and function as comfortably and happily as possible!
This Smyrna BeeHive Memory Home truly offers a one-of-a-kind experience. We invite you to come and see for yourself!